BrownWinick Managing Partner Chris Sackett Signs CEO Commitment to Racial Equity in DSM
BrownWinick is proud to announce that Chris Sackett, Managing Partner of BrownWinick, has recently signed the CEO Commitment to Racial Equity in DSM. This initiative is led by the Greater Des Moines Partnership's Inclusion Council in collaboration with the Directors Council as well as Capital Crossroads leadership. The initiative calls on CEOs and top-level leaders of Des Moines companies and organizations to support racial equity and to create equitable, inclusive and diverse workplaces and communities.
We have reached a critical moment in our nation and region's history that calls us to address racial equity in meaningful ways. Now is the time to reset expectations and recognize the role we play in creating equitable, inclusive and diverse workplaces and communities. As CEOs we prioritize and commit to:
- Leveraging the power and privilege that we each possess to influence local and state policies that lead to racial equity and social justice.
- Supporting the One Economy Blueprint for Action, its problem-solving goals, strategies and key metrics that help us meaningfully move toward racial equity in DSM.
- Ensuring diverse representation in our businesses at all levels that is propelled by inviting diverse perspectives to every conversation and every table.
- Embracing inclusive talent attraction, hiring and career development practices that increase access to and support the advancement of people of color in our workplace.
- Investing in diversity, equity and inclusion education and training that is rooted in racial equity and recognizes the impact of systemic racism past and present.
- Promoting supplier diversity initiatives that support minority-owned businesses and leverage the purchasing power of our organizations.
- Affirming that our efforts will endure and that we will continually discuss and share ways to build a diverse, equitable and inclusive DSM.
Visit the Des Moines Partnership's website to view the full list of executives that signed the CEO Commitment to Racial Equity in DSM.