Returning Employees to the Workplace? We’ve Got You Covered.
BrownWinick's Employment Practice Group has prepared a “Return to Work Playbook” to assist employers in returning employees to the workplace during this unusual and unprecedented time. The people contributing to this effort include Megan Moritz and Danielle Smid.
The “Return to Work Playbook” (or Playbook) will be used as a tool with attorney consultation to provide guidance on the following:
- A general overview of the laws applicable to return to work situations – including new federal leaves, unemployment compensation and financial relief laws
- How to Determine Who Returns to Work
- Deciding Who Provides Input – diverse input can help improve the decision-making process
- Selecting the Criteria – gauging the employee skills needed to meet business needs
- Analysis of the Pool – reviewing the employees selected/not selected to return to avoid improper biases
- Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) Considerations
- Phased Recalls and the PPP
- Leave and Reinstatement Considerations
- Employee Communications
- Termination of Employees
- WARN Requirements
- Employees Who Choose Not to Return
- Includes sample correspondence with employees
- Safety and Compliance with OSHA and CDC Guidelines
- CDC and Local Health Authorities
- Reporting Requirements
- Special Considerations: Vulnerable Employees
- Includes sample policies
- Employee Screening
- Legal Considerations and Best Practices
- Includes sample screening questions
- Telecommuting/Work From Home – including data privacy concerns
- Family and Child Care Issues
- Customers, Vendors and Visitors
- Avoiding Litigation as Employees Return to Work
The attorney consultation includes one scheduled hour-long consultation session. The pricing for the Playbook and attorney consultation is $1,500 for current BrownWinick Clients and $2,000 for new clients. (Our team is glad to provide specialized services and/or services in addition to this offering; however, the pricing for those services will be at our regular hourly rates.)
We are pleased to be able to provide this special offering to help businesses during this uncertain time.
COVID-19 Resource Page:
For updates on COVID-19 and new guidance provided by BrownWinick attorneys, please visit our COVID-19 Resource Page.