In today's intensely competitive environment, manufacturers face many challenges; responding to overseas competition, implementing technological advancements in production, protecting their designs and innovations from piracy, and building and maintaining a skilled workforce, to name a few. With such demands, manufacturers need prompt and efficient attention to the legal matters related to their businesses from trusted and knowledgeable advisers.
BrownWinick is committed to the success of our manufacturing clients. Several of our attorneys have come to us with extensive experience either owning or working in key positions in manufacturing companies. We are also intimately involved with trade associations serving the interests of manufacturers and, as a result, are at the forefront of new issues challenging today's manufacturers - from workers' compensation developments to new environmental regulations. Our experience serving manufacturers enables us to thoroughly understand the issues affecting manufacturers, enabling us to combine real world skills with a strong interdisciplinary team of tax, corporate, litigation, labor, intellectual property and environmental lawyers.
Our lawyers serve the manufacturing sector by:
- Drafting and reviewing contracts and supply and distribution agreements.
- Providing protection to manufacturers' designs, innovations, trade secrets and brand through obtaining patents, copyrights and trademarks.
- Assist in compliance with regulatory requirements, such as those relating to environmental matters, labor and worker and product safety.
- Assuring compliance with real estate and environmental issues relating to manufacturing facilities.
- Assisting in negotiating and implementing acquisitions or divestitures.
- Negotiating financing and capital formation transactions.
- Dealing with corporate governance, equity ownership and executive compensation issues.
- Planning to minimize tax liability associated with operations or acquisitions and divestitures.
- Advocating for statutory or administrative rule changes on behalf of our clients through our governmental relations group.
- Litigating and arbitrating disputes with suppliers, distributors and customers.
- Litigating intellectual property, labor and contract claims.
Our focus is on proactively identifying potential issues and addressing them before they mature to become serious business problems. We seek to know your business inside and out so that we can help you to create business systems that minimize conflict and help you to efficiently get your products to market. When disputes develop, our litigators stand ready to come in and aggressively advance and defend your interests - whether in the area of labor, environmental, intellectual property, contracts or any other substantive area of law. The BrownWinick approach is a proven means of providing an integrated, strategic approach to legal services for manufacturers. It is an approach to help our clients prudently minimize risks and to effectively take advantage of opportunities to grow and protect their businesses. BrownWinick is currently a member of the Iowa Association of Business and Industry ("ABI").