Neal and Bea Smith Law Center, 2400 University Avenue, Des Moines, Iowa
Drew Larson, an attorney at BrownWinick, will present on Friday, August 25, 2017, at the Drake University Law School's Seminar on "Tech Startups: Navigating the Legal Maze." This seminar is scheduled from 8:00 a.m. - 12:45 p.m.
Drew's presentation will cover web-site agreements and privacy issues. He will address technology startups using web technologies as an integral part of their business. In particular, this presentation will focus on drafting and advising your client regarding effective Privacy Policies.
- issues related to privacy shields,
- determining appropriate term language despire the lack of clear governing standards,
- methods of avoiding privacy conflicts including personal and biometric data usage/storage, and
- the best means to effectively communicate your standards to secure the highest protection and potential for enforceability.
Drew will also be on a Case Study Panel - "Neurofirm". This panel will take a look back at the "Neurofirm Technology" Start-Up and peel back the layers of the business as it approaches a major milestone in the life of the start-up; preparation for a buy-out. The panelists will navigate legal topics ranging from:
- Regulatory Issues and Compliance
- Navigating Agreements and Purchase Negotiations
- Valuation of Intellectual Property
To register online visit www.drakecle.law. This has been approved by the State of Iowa for 4 hours of CLE credit.