Clarion Inn, 5826 University Avenue, Cedar Falls, Iowa
Brent Soderstrum, an attorney at BrownWinick, will be speaking on "Qualifying & Competing as a Top Safety Performer" from 9:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m. at the Master Builders of Iowa's Spring Education Conferences. Click here for handout materials.
Safety is a qualifier (or disqualifier) as owners both public and private seek contractors to perform work who are safety qualified. This presentation will address considerations in assembling and presenting a qualified safety program in both the public and private sector. It will assist participants in understanding where the "must have" safety program components and the measures owners are looking for and how the market environment is changing in the selection progress.
Topics that will covered in Brent's presentation:
- Qualities that distinguish high performing safety performers vs. average or below performers.
- Where do we begin to establish a culture of safety in the company?
- Update on Iowa OSHA's most often cited violations and fines.
- What to do when OSHA comes a calling?
- Documenting your safety and training efforts ... how important is it?
- What are owners looking for when making a qualification-based safety judgment about a contractor?
The Conferences will be held on various dates, at the following locations:
May 9, 2012 - Clarion Inn, 5826 University Avenue, Cedar Falls, Iowa
May 10, 2012 - Clarion Hotel, 525 33rd Avenue S.W., Cedar Rapids, Iowa
May 11, 2012 - Embassy Suites, 101 East Locust Street, Des Moines, Iowa
If interested in attending, please contact Laurie Delmott at firstname.lastname@example.org.