Camille Urban, an intellectual property attorney at BrownWinick, will be presenting on "Trademarks, Advertising and Copyrights" at the American Advertising Federation (AFF) of Des Moines monthly, educational luncheon on Thursday, August 18, 2016. Networking is from 11:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m., with the program to follow from 12:00 p.m. - 1:00 p.m.
Items to be addressed during the presentation:
- What is the difference between the ® (circle-R) and the TM symbol?
- Should the ® (circle-R) be placed on the first instance only? The first instance per page? Per spread?
- Must a corresponding trademark statement be included showing who owns the mark?
- Is a statement needed for a TM?
- What if a third-party's mark is mentioned - are we required to include a trademark statement?
- Copy statement: When does this need to be included?
- Fair use considerations for images, music, etc.
- When working with a freelance designer, who owns the rights to what is created?