Hilton Garden Inn, 205 S 64th Street, West Des Moines, Iowa
Robert Hodges, an attorney at BrownWinick, will be speaking on "Tax Planning for Farmers" at the National Business Institute's seminar entitled "Farm Business Law." Farming is hard, time consuming work, and the last thing a farmer needs is to be tied up in legal issues. Help your clients run great businesses by ensuring that they are operating within the legal bounds of the law.
Bob's presentation (2:30 p.m. - 3:30 p.m.) will include the following:
- Business Entity Selection - Legal and Tax Considerations
- Income Tax Planning
- Self-Employment Tax Issues
- Reporting Farm Income
- Reporting Tax on Installment Payments Received
- Taking Advantage of Farm Deductions
- Farm Equipment
- Depreciation Soil Fertility
- Depreciating Fences and Buildings
- Agricultural Tax Issues
- Farm Share Arrangements
- Documestic Production Activities Deduction
- Losses from Operating a Farm
- Estate Taxes
Other topics to be discussed during the course of the seminar include:
- Regulatory Update
- Farm Bill
- Federal Regulations
- State Regulations
- Buying and Selling Farm Land and Businesses
- Negotiating and Drafting Farm Land Leases
- Negotiating and Drafting Agriculture Contracts
DATE: Thursday, April 24, 2014
LOCATION: Hilton Garden Inn, 205 S. 64th Street, West Des Moines, Iowa
REGISTRATION: 8:30 a.m. - 9:00 a.m.
SEMINAR TIME: 9:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. (lunch is on your own)
COSTS: $339 for first registrant / $329 for each additional registrant
BENEFITS OF ATTENDING:
- Prevent disputes by understanding the land leases ins and outs
- Learn best practices fo drafting and negotiating farm-related contracts.
- Explore practical tax planning tips for farmers.
- Understand the current status of the Farm Bill and how it could affect today's farmers.
Please see the website for National Business Institute at www.nbi-sems.com or call 800-930-6182 for more information.