DoubleTree Hilton Hotel, Cedar Rapids Convention Complex, Cedar Rapids, Iowa
The BrownWinick Health Law "Dental" Group will be presenting at the Iowa Dental Association's Annual Session on Friday, May 5, 2017. The Iowa Dental Association Annual Session is held on May 4, 5, 6, 2017 at the DoubleTree by Hilton Cedar Rapids Convention Complex in Cedar Rapids, Iowa.
The Health Law "Dental" Group will give a "Legal Check-Up" on the following topics:
AM SESSION / CEU CREDITS
OSHA Check-Up / Presenter: Brent Soderstrum
- What if an OSHA inspector shows up at your office to conduct an inspection? Will you pass with flying colors or will you face costly citations. This presentation will be covering OSHA regulations that apply to the dental industry and will provide you a checklist for you to take back to your office to see how you would fare if an OSHA inspector did show up.
HIPAA for the Dental Practice / Presenters: Adam Freed and Catherine Cownie
- Dental practices have come under increasing scrutiny from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Office of Civil Rights for alleged HIPAA violations. Learn how to avoid becoming the target of such an investigation.
Regulatory Issues for Dentists / Presenter: Rebecca Brommel
- Learn about addressing dental rules related to sedation, supervision, expanded functions and licensing and regulation departments.
Buying and Selling a Dental Practice / Presenter: Tom Johnson
- Learn about the basics of stock versus asset sales, due diligence, taxes and the general steps in the sale process.
Employment Issues Affecting Dentists / Presenter: Molly Driscoll
- Learn about how to avoid contracting pitfalls with business partners and mid-level providers, and how to comply with recent updates to the Fair Labor Standards Act.