WEBINAR - Iowa State Association of Counties
Thomas Evans, an attorney at BrownWinick, will discuss best practices for conducting internal investigations of employee misconduct and discipline and termination considerations at a two-hour WEBINAR for the Iowa State Association of Counties on Wednesday, February 3, 2016.
Areas that will be covered under workplace investigations include:
- Why to conduct an internal workplace investigations
- types of workplace issues warranting investigations
- Litigation risks; and
- Conducting the investigation.
The presentation will also discuss:
- discipline policies;
- documenting discipline;
- communicating the discipline decision;
- termination considerations;
- termination guidelines – establish and follow work policies, review and investigate;
- confirm treatment of similarly situated employees;
- evaluate the possibility of a discrimination or retaliation claim;
- documentation; and
- communicating decision to terminate.
A question and answer period will conclude the presentation.
Information, along with registration, can be found on the website of the Iowa State Association fo Counties.