Date: February 23, 2010
Time: 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. Central Standard Time
• Lori Beary – Community Development Director – Iowa Finance Authority
• David Grossklaus – Partner – Dorsey & Whitney LLP
• Chris Sackett – Partner – BrownWinick
• Adam Claypool – Managing Director – DeWaay Investment Banking
• John May – Managing Director – Stern Brothers & Co.
Approximately $2.4 billion in Midwestern Disaster Area (MDA) bonding capacity is now available to fund projects in 78 Iowa counties, regardless of whether your specific business suffered damage. A wide range of projects qualify for MDA bonds, which may be used, among other things, for the cost:
• of multifamily rental property for low and moderate income individuals;
• to acquire, repair, replace or construct nonresidential real property and fixed improvements (including, for example, manufacturing facilities, retail businesses, shopping centers, auto dealerships, restaurants, office buildings, warehouse/storage facilities, medical buildings, commercial development, and agricultural facilities/improvements); and
• to repair or reconstruct public utility property damaged in disasters.
We have assembled a team of experienced professionals to provide you with a detailed discussion of the actual steps in the bond financing process, and to assist you in actually completing those steps, from application to funding. Topics will include:
• An overview of MDA Bonds.
• How the application process works.
• How to determine whether your project is a viable candidate for MDA Bonds.
• Underwriting and financial analysis for various project/borrower profiles.
• Question and Answer Period.
Click here to download webinar materials.
BrownWinick Disclaimer: This alert is designed and intended for general informational purposes only, and is not intended, nor should it be construed or relied upon, as legal advice. Please consult with your attorney if specific legal information is desired.