Hilton Garden Inn, 205 S 64th Street, West Des Moines, Iowa
Brian McCormac, an attorney at BrownWinick, will be co-speaking on "Effectively Navigating an Eminent Domain Action" at the National Business Institute's seminar entitled "Property Taking Through Eminent Domain in Iowa."
Brian's co-presentation will include the following:
- Effectively Navigating an Eminent Domain Action / 11:15 a.m. - 12:45 p.m.
- Federal, State and Local Requirements in Eminent Domain Actions
- Providing Notice of a Potential Taking
- Standard Lease Condemnation Provisions and Clauses
- Red Flags to Watch For
- Property Appraisals and Valuation
- Environmental Concerns and Considerations
- Condemnation of Wetlands, Floodplains, Floodways and Waterways
- Challenging the Right to Take
Other topics discussed will be:
- Case Law and Legislative Update
- Introduction to Property Takings Through Eminent Domain
- Understanding Just Compensation
- Strategies for Effectively Settling the Eminent Domain Action
DATE: November 15, 2012
LOCATION: Hilton Garden Inn, 205 S. 64th Street, West Des Moines, Iowa
REGISTRATION: 8:30 a.m. - 9:00 a.m.
SEMINAR TIME: 9:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. (complimentary snacks and refreshments are provided; lunch is on your own)
WHO SHOULD ATTEND: Correctly handle property takings using current case law as your guide. This basic-to-intermediate seminar is a must-attend for professionals wanting the most up-to-date information on eminent domain.
BENEFITS FROM SEMINAR:
- Knowing the distinction between "for public" and "for public benefit."
- Knowledge of federal, state and local requirements to ensure actions are properly handled.
- Accurately determine the fair market value of the property.
Check out National Business Institute at www.nbi-sems.com or call 800-930-6182.