Iowa School for the Deaf Lled Conference Center, 3501 Harry Langdon Blvd., Council Bluffs, Iowa
Ann Holden Kendell, an attorney at BrownWinick, will conduct a program on "Drug and Alcohol Testing Law: Policy and Procedures for Businesses in Iowa" on Wednesday, November 20, 2013. This program is sponsored by the Southwest Iowa Employers' Council of Iowa, who partners with Iowa Workforce Development.
Are you drug testing your employees? In order to implement private sector drug or alcohol testing, an employer shall require supervisory personnel involved with drug/alcohol testing to attend a minimum of two (2) hours of initial training and to attend, on an annual basis thereafter, a minimum of one (1) hour of subsequent training. This program will include mandatory supervisor training.
DATE: November 20, 2013
TIME: 9:30 a.m. - 12:00 noon
CHECK-IN BEGINS: 9:00 a.m.
LOCATION: Iowa School for the Deaf Lled Conference Center, 3501 Harry Langdon Blvd., Council Bluffs, Iowa
REGISTRATION FEE: $35 per person
Topics to be covered include:
- Recognition of employee alcohol or drug abuse
- Documentation and corroboration of employee alcohol or other drug abuse
- Referral of employees who abuse alcohol or other drugs to an Employee Assistance Program or to a resource file
- Statutory Definitions: Drugs and Alcohol
- Steps an employer must take before testing
- Employee Handbook; Employee Resources
- Supervisor training and enforcement
- Who can be tested and circumstances
- Test scheduling, costs and procedures
- Employer responses to positive tests
- Employer liability issues and legal considerations
- Iowa Code Section 730.5
Click here to download brochure. Register by Friday, November 15, 2013 with Carol Morgan at Carol.Morgan@lwd.Iowa.gov or phone 712-242-2131.