Prairie Meadows Conference Center, Altoona, Iowa
The BrownWinick Health Law Practice Group will be speaking at the Des Moines District Dental Society's Fall Meeting on October 17, 2014 from 8:30 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.
Topics include the following:
HIPAA for the Dental Practice / Presenters: Adam J. Freed and Catherine C. Cownie
- Dental practices have come under increasing scrutiny from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Office of Civil Rights for alleged HIPPA violations. Learn how to avoid becoming the target of such an investigation.
Legislative Update / Presenter: Marc Beltrame
Real Estate Matters for Dental Practices / Presenter: Kelly D. Hamborg
- Learn tips for evaluating your dental facility lease or purchase agreement.
Common Structures for Selling a Dental Practice - Practical Considerations / Presenter: Drew D. Larson
- Learn about the basics of stock versus asset sales, due diligence, taxes, and the general steps in the sale process.
Estate Planning: A Basic Check-Up / Presenter: Robert D. Hodges
- Take a brief tour of the estate planning environment and learn some common pitfalls to avoid.
Avoiding Fraud and Abuse Pitfalls / Presenter: Bradley R. Kruse
- Learn about the identification and avoidance of fraud and abuse practices, RAC Audits and other current trends, and responding to insurance companies and governmental agencies.
The ACA aka "Obamacare" - What You Need to Know Now / Presenter: Alice E. Helle
- Learn about the ever-changing legal landscape for the dental profession under the Affordable Care Act.
Uncle Sam "Needs" More Cash - Recent Tax Law Changes Affecting You and Your Business / Presenter: Christopher L. Nuss
- We will review a hypothetical situation that highlights why taxes increased from 2012 to 2013 (and into 2014) and various planning points going forward.
Social Media / Presenter: Haley R. Van Loon
- Social media has become an ever-present aspect of modern life. Learn how to handle social media in the workplace and avoid common issues.
Click here for the complete power point presentation.