Michael Jenkins, an attorney at BrownWinick, will address "Dealing with Healthcare Fraud, Waste and Abuse Investigations" in a one-hour WEBINAR on Thursday, August 17, 2017. This WEBINAR is sponsored by LeadingAge Iowa.
Regulators are continuing to aggressively pursue fraud, waste, and abuse investigations in the healthcare industry. Often an organization’s response to an investigation of alleged healthcare fraud can be as important, or even more important, than the activities that led to the allegation of fraud, waste, or abuse. This webinar will cover the process of responding to an investigation, conducting internal investigations, working with regulators, and ultimately resolving allegations of fraud, waste, and abuse.
- Understand the ways that providers learn about pending investigations
- Learn how to respond when you receive a document demand or when an investigator contacts you
- Know your rights during the pendency of an investigation
- Understand the contours of an internal investigation
- Develop a basic understanding of the typical path from investigation to resolution of a healthcare fraud, waste, or abuse case