Isle of Capri Casino Hotel, Bettendorf, Iowa
BrownWinick attorneys, Drew Larson, Brian McCormac, Matt McKinney and Katheryn Thorson, will be presenting on "Data Security and Privacy - Yes it Applies to You" at the Iowa Association of Business and Industry's 2015 Taking Care of Business Conference. The Conference runs from June 10-12, 2015 and will be at the Isle of Capri Casino Hotel, Bettendorf, Iowa.
Amid continuing revelations in the news regarding massive data breaches from some of the country's most well-known companies, more and more companies are recognizing the risks they face related to the data they collect about their customers. In this workshop, the presenters will explore real life stories of companies that have experienced data breaches and the many ways in which data privacy rules apply to your business.
Specific topics will include:
- What constitutes protected personal information?
- What is required if I have a data breach?
- How can I use personal information in my marketing activities, such as email, phone and text message marketing?
- What are the key differences between the US and European privacy standards?
- What steps can your business take to start protecting yourself in the digital world?
Don't find yourself on the front page of the newspaper because of a data breach. Get informed so you can start protecting yourself now.
10 Questions to Ask About Your Data Security Right Now!
Legal Issues of Data Security and Privacy - Yes it Applies to You / Recording