Sheraton West Des Moines Hotel, 1800 50th Street, West Des Moines, Iowa
BrownWinick attorneys, Brian Rickert, Michael Dee, Brant Kahler and Brent Soderstrum will be presenting at a National Business Institute (NBI) one-day seminar on "Construction Contracts: Negotiating Key Provisions."
Topics covered at the seminar will include:
- Overview of Construction Contracts and Basic Contract Principles / Brant Kahler
- Contract Formation and Essential Contract Terms
- The Requirements for a Valid Contract
- Must a Contract Be in Writing?
- Exchange of Contract Forms
- Conduct of the Parties
- Change Orders and Contract Modifications
- Interpreting Ambiguous Contracts
- Breach of Contract
- Warranties: Expressed and Implied
- Essential Contract Terms / Brent Soderstrum
- Scope of Work and Payment Terms
- Indemnification and Insurance Coverage
- Limitation of Liability
- Site Conditions and Delay Claims
- Statutory Requirements
- Liquidated Damages
- Consequential Damages
- Choice of Forum/Law
- Dispute Resolution
- Project Delivery Systems and Contract Pricing Arrangements / Brian Rickert
- Traditional and Emerging Delivery Systems
- Multiple Prime
- Construction Management and Its Variations
- Integrated Project Delivery
- Emerging Pricing Arrangements and Concepts
- Public-Private Partnerships
- Build-Operate Transfer
- Mechanic's Liens on Commercial Properties / Brian Rickert
- Review and Impact of Dramatic New Changes to Iowa's Mechanic's Liens Laws
- New Notice and Filing Requirements
- Use of Iowa's New Online Mechanic's Notice and Lien Registry
- Key Provisions in Subcontracts / Michael Dee
- Flow-Down and Pay if Paid Clauses
- Insurance Requirements
- Making and Resolving Claims
- Waiver of Subrogation
- Lien Waivers
- Dispute Resolution / Michael Dee
DATE: February 11, 2014
LOCATION: Sheraton West Des Moines Hotel, 1800 50th Street, West Des Moines, Iowa
REGISTRATION: 8:30 a.m. - 9:00 a.m.
SEMINAR TIME: 9:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.(lunch is on your own)
WHO SHOULD ATTEND: This basic-to-intermediate level program covers construction contract fundamentals for attorneys. It may also benefit paralegals and construction executives.
BENEFITS FROM SEMINAR: Every construction project is different, effectively negotiated contracts that protect against potentially devastating disputes consistently ensure the best possible outcome for your client, whether they are a contractor or subcontractor, or they are an owner. Gather the knowledge and tools you need to protect your client's interests when creating a construction agreement.
Register today at www.nbi-sems.com or contact them at 800-930-6182.