IHA Conference Center, 100 East Grand Avenue, Des Moines, Iowa
Rebecca Brommel, a health law attorney at BrownWinick, will be part of the "Case Law Update" panel at the 2019 Spring Conference for the Iowa Society of Healthcare Attorneys. The Spring Conference will be held on Thursday, May 23, 2019 from 8:00 a.m. - 4:15 p.m.
The panel will provide an overview of notable Iowa appellate opinions since last year's conference. Health care will be the focus, but significant opinions from a broad range of practices will be highlighted in this panel presentation.
Learning Objectives from this session include:
- Review the audience on new and notable appellate opinions.
- Describe new developments in case law.
- Interpret legal trends that may be developing in Iowa law.
Other panel members include:
- William Miller, JD, Partner, Dorsey & Whitney, Des Moines, IA
- Thomas Dean, JD, Attorney, Baird Holm, Omaha, NE
Other topics at the Spring Conference include:
- Challenges Facing Health Care General Counsel
- State Legislative Update
- An Update on Overpayments: Two and a Half Years After Escobar
- Tax Update for Health Care Providers: New Issues and Challenges
- Myths and Misconceptions: Understanding Attorney-Client Privilege
The Iowa Society of Healthcare Attorneys is part of the Iowa Hospital Association.