Hilton Garden Inn, 205 S 64th Street, West Des Moines, Iowa
Bradley R. Kruse, an attorney at BrownWinick, will be speaking on "Bankruptcy's Implications on Collection Practices" at the National Business Institute's seminar entitled "FDCPA and Collecting the Judgment." Brad's presentation will include the following:
- Steps to Take in the Event of Bankruptcy
- How to Deal with the Automatic Stay
- Protecting Your Claim in Bankruptcy
- Dealing with Avoidance Actions
- Discharge and Dischargeability of Debts
Other topics to be discussed during the course of the seminar include:
- Fair Debt Collection Practices Act - What You Need to Know
- Other Consumer Protections
- Locating Assets After the Judgment
- Collecting the Judgment - Methods That Work
DATE: March 11, 2014
LOCATION: Hilton Garden Inn, 205 S. 64th Street, West Des Moines, Iowa
REGISTRATION: 8:30 a.m. - 9:00 a.m.
SEMINAR TIME: 9:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. (lunch is on your own)
COSTS: $289/Early Bird (register by January 28); $339/Standard ($329 each additional registrant)
BENEFITS OF ATTENDING: Ensure you are collecting legally and effectively.
- Avoid collection activities that violate the FDCPA and/or state laws
- Know the creditor's rights when collecting debt and when the debtor files for bankruptcy
- Retain current with the latest ethical considerations involving the debt collection practices
WHO SHOULD ATTEND: This basic-to-intermediate level seminar is designed for attorneys and other legal professionals. Others who may also benefit include: collection and loan officers, accounts receivable personnel, credit managers, bankers and controllers.
Please see the website for the National Business Institute at www.nbi-sems.com or call 800-930-6182 for more information.