As our clients and their businesses have grown and matured, their need for assistance in international business transactions has also increased. As a result, we have assisted numerous clients in structuring and consummating business transactions around the globe. This includes representing U.S. based companies in establishing and expanding their business operations overseas and representing non-U.S. companies in doing the same within the United States.
Our international business transactions practice is much like our domestic business transactions practice, wherein we assist clients in a broad array of business matters involving numerous industries and various substantive legal issues, including:
- Structuring and negotiating international business acquisitions and mergers;
- Drafting and negotiating international supply agreements and service contracts;
- Licensing, protecting and enforcing intellectual property rights, including patents, trademarks and copyrights, in multiple jurisdictions throughout the world; Establishing overseas subsidiaries, joint ventures, affiliates and business partnerships;
- Assisting in international purchases and sales, including appropriate structuring to reduce payment and other risks;
- Providing advice on import/export compliance issues; Establishing outsourcing relationships;
- Establishing franchising and/or dealer networks; Financing international business transactions and operations;
- Representing clients in arbitrations and litigation relating to international business transactions; and
- Assisting with immigration issues arising when our U.S. based clients need to send employees overseas, bring employees to the U.S. from overseas, or when our non-U.S. clients need to do the same.
BrownWinick can assist in establishing or growing your international business presence.
International Business Transactions Attorneys