Des Moines, Iowa
Ann Kendell, an attorney at BrownWinick, will be speaking at the Human Resources Law Boot Camp on Thursday, September 20, 2018. This event is sponsored by NBI Seminars.
Brent will be speaking on the following topics:
- Using Handbooks to Protect Against Legal Liabilities: With Example Policies
- Handbook Scope: How Much is Too Much?
- What Topics You Must Include: With Example Language
- Key Disclaimers You Can't Forget
- Avoiding Implied Contractual Relationships
- Essential Updates: NLRB and Other Concerns
- Updating Handbooks: With Checklists
- Hiring and Firing: Legal Do's and Don'ts for Crucial HR Functions
- Crafting Legally Compliant Job Descriptions
- What Employers Can and Can't Ask About Criminal Backgrounds, Credit Histories, etc.
- How Enforceable are Non-Compete, Non-Solicit and Confidentiality Agreements?
- Verifying Immigration Stratus - E-Verify and Other Considerationis
- Legally Defensible Termination Documentation
- Terminating Employees on Leave
- Separation Agreements and Rleases: With Examples